Our New Home ---- Idaho ----- How Beautiful !!!

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Bountiful Blessings and Old Friends

As I sit here today, this beautiful Sunday...my heart is FILLED with love, gratitude and peace. We haven't posted in a long time so we decided, TODAY is the day! SO, after morning chores, cleaning up, loving little ones, baking bread, making a HUGE pot of pasta sauce and a few more enormous undertakings...here it is!!!

We shared in a very special blessing today. Our very close and dear long time friends are expecting!!!!!!!!!!! It takes a LONG time to grow an old friend...and I put so much value on that friendship! I thank the Lord for blessing them in this way as it has been a focus of prayer for our families for a long time!!! I feel priveleged to share in this part of life with them and am so glad I've walked the last 12 years with them. No family deserves this blessing as much as theirs!!!

The happenings around here have been eventful!!! We're very focused on working on our homestead yet again! Spring is among us...the sun is shining and this year~we're ready!! The greenhouse is up and functional...we've planted our starts and with the grace of God-we'll have way more than we need. There is something very special about spending a beautiful afternoon in a greenhouse with the person you love!!! (okay, the "people" you love! Let's be realistic!) I always feel so close to my creator when I work outside. Each and every family member took part in the preparations. It has been quite an amazing road.

Robert, being the amazing man that he is~still has not ceased to amaze me. He has built our greenhouse, planted, remodeled a bathroom (BIG remodel) and many many more things that I cannot begin put on paper. In other words, he is the same man he's been for many years. I am so glad I married him. Today I had a glimpse of what a strong man he has become over the last 13 years. Not only an incredible man of God, and the perfect husband for me but a completely amazing father. The growth comes out in amazing ways as the days unfold and I see how his integrity and character has blossomed. His job is agreeing with our family as he has much more time to be Dad. We value this tremendously~the best part is that he now has his life back. We've been able to settle into a stable groove and boy was it a long time coming! Things have never been better!

As for the children, they are more delightful each day. They are growing into remarkable people. I'm so pleased with them and all of their hearts! I truly feel blessed by each and every one of their hearts and the ability to spend every single day with them. They all are so super special. If I could think of a word for each of them it would be...
Lauryn ~ graceful
Nick ~ responsible
David ~ considerate
Michael ~ steady
Matthew ~ disciplined
Carissa ~ charismatic
Aaron ~ joyful
As the days unfold around here...we will be more disciplined in our postings. Things are back to normal in our home and I promise to be more diligent!!! Sometimes things get away from me...(hard to believe, I know!) But, just be patient with me...I'll keep you all informed of the happenings around here. Snuggle up, spend some time with us and let's just enjoy this life...TOGETHER!!

No comments: